How are we going to spark new light into the profession of teaching?
As teachers, we are expected to inspire our students, ignite passion, creativity and independent learning. But what if we are not being exposed to the full spectrum of teaching strategies available?
If we want dynamic teachers who teach the way that inspires, then we must provide them with a variety of ways they can teach.
Here’s the top 5 teaching strategies for your desk.
• The Authority, or lecture style is teacher-centered and frequently entails lengthy lecture sessions or one-way presentations
• The Demonstrator retains the formal authority role by showing students what they need to know but in a hands-on way.
• The Facilitator promotes self-learning and help students develop critical thinking skills and retain knowledge that leads to self-actualization.
• The Delegator, or group style is best suited for subjects that warrant peer feedback, like debate and creative writing.
• The Hybrid, or blended style follows an integrated approach to teaching that blends the teacher’s personality and interests with students’ needs and curriculum-appropriate methods.
Remember, these methods are interchangeable depending on the lesson being taught.
How many do you use?
Share, share, share ❤️