Here's my top eight ways to make today a great day.
1. Start off the day by sending 5 text messages to the 5 most important people in your life. Telling them how much they mean to you. You can rest assured you've made their day.
2. Talk to someone you'd normally never converse with, an old person in the street, a homeless man, a child. It will cause you to think a bit outside your own sphere of influence.
3. Turn your phone off for a whole hour during lunch time while you eat. Listen to the lettuce crunch in yiur mouth, smell the air and taste the time away from the virtual world.
4. Look st the stars and dream. Think about how insignificant your problems are in the place of the universe. Yes you may have got a parking ticket but in the scale of things it's not too bad.
5. Be grateful for everything you have around you. Just to have water coming from the tap, clean clothes, a shower to clean yourself and food on the table is an absolute luxury.
6. Make time for some kind of exercise. Even if it's a walk after work. It will make you sleep better and rest easier.
7. Say something nice to everyone you meet. “That shirt looks great george!” And walk away knowing that he feels better than he did.
8. Be proud of who you are! You're a marvel