15 ways to raise responsible children.
1. Raise your child with the expectation that we always clean up our own messes.
2. Kids need an opportunity to contribute to the common good.
3. Remember that no child in his right mind wants to do chores. Make it fun.
4. Always let children “do it myself” and “help,” even when it’s more work for you.
5. Rather than simply giving orders, try asking your child to do the thinking.
6. Provide routines and structure.
7. Teach your child to be responsible for her interactions with others.
8. Support your child to help pay for damaged goods.
9. Don’t rush to bail your child out of a difficult situation.
10. Model responsibility and accountability.
11. Never label your child as “irresponsible”
12. Teach your child to make a written schedule
13. All Children need the experience of working for pay.
14. Create a “no-blame household.”
15. Teach your kids that, as Eleanor Roosevelt said, they not only have the right to be an individual, they have an obligation to be one
You’ve got this!!!
Which one is your favourite?