The secret to solving the education issues around the world and the teacher shortage we are facing in Australia is simple!
- Write an open ended thematic curriculum based on developing essential skills, an understanding of the impact students can have on the world around them and how they belong to the communities of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- Allow the teachers in our classrooms to focus on teaching engaging lessons that inspire and encourage both teachers and children to think big, by minimising mindless paperwork and assessment and limiting the pressure placed in teachers to get high grades from standardised tests.
3 Envourage teachers to bring their hidden talents into the classroom, thus inspiring our children to follow their dreams, focus on what they love and think with their heart.
- Communities must trust that teachers can do their job. They are professionsals who should be treated with respect, paid fairly and judged only upon the level of engagement and growth they get from each and every child.
- To use observation as a tool to assess our students skills. To understand the skills they will bring to future by observing and understand who they are, what they dream of and how they work best!
- To demonstrate to the world what a wonderful job teaching can be! To attract industry experts to move into teaching and therefore bring skills, experience and wisdom into our schools like never before!
‘If we want our teachers to inspire our leaders of tomorrow, we must make our schools a place where everyone feels inspired.’
#teachers #schools #teacher #teaching #students #education #like #community #love #job #work #experience #future #leaders #engagement #respect #australia