Happiness is a feeling that engulfs our soul making us smile. All parents and teachers want their children to feel happy.
The sensation of happiness occurs when certain chemicals are released into the brain. But what are those chemicals and how can we release them more to make our children happier?
• Dopamine (The Reward Chemical)
• Allow children to complete a chosen task
• Taking care of themselves
• Eating a snack during the morning
• Celebrating little achievements
• Serotonin (The Mood Stabiliser)
• Meditation or access to a quiet space
• Exercise inside our out
• Exposure to nature and sunshine
• A place to rest, if required
Oxytocin (The Love Hormone)
• Having exposure to animals or pets
• Holding someone’s hand
• Hugging another person
• Sharing a compliment
• Expressing your feelings
Endorphins (The Pain Killer)
• The chance to laugh and giggle
• Running, cycling and swimming
• Being chased around
• Playing a team game.
• Being told funny stories or jokes
All emotions are important but, If we can somehow scaffold these simple hacks into our daily routines, we will see our children smile more, engage with their learning and enjoy the whole experience of childhood a lot more.
#teachers #teaching #parents #children #Happiness
Please share ❤️