School is crucial for the obvious reasons! Learning mathematics, understanding how to construct a sentence and understanding the processes in science, history and geography, but there are some lessons that you won’t find In any mainstream curriculum and they are absolutely crucial lessons for any students in our classrooms.
Here’s all ten:
1. When we fail, when things go wrong or break, that’s the moment when we truly learn the greatest lessons. If we’re not making mistakes, we’re not making progress. Don’t be afraid to think differently!
2. It’s ok to want to be alone, it’s ok to be quiet, it’s ok to be silent and it’s ok feel sad and cry. Happiness and sadness are all part of life. You can’t be happy all the time!
3. Success and happiness are not related to how much money we have, happiness and success come from how much of a difference you can make in the world!
4. There’s nothing wrong with believing in yourself, there’s nothing wrong with reaching for the stars, knowing what you want to achieve and going for it! There’s nothing wrong with having a dream!
5. True friends will always be there by your side. In your life you’ll have many friends and the ones who are there for you when times are hard are the ones who will still be by your side, when you’re 100 years old!
6. Be yourself! There’s nothing wrong with admiring other people, copying how other people live but never try to BE someone else. You are perfect just the way you are!
7. If you can be anything at all, be kind. Smile at people, say hello, help others for no reason at all, offer to help others even if they don’t need it! The feeling of kindness is better than any other feeling in the world!
8. Go with your instinct! If it feels wrong, it probably is. Stand up for what you think is right! If you see something you think is wrong, say something, don’t be a bystander when your eyes witness something that your heart feels is wrong.
9. Question everything!!! Before you believe a story, an advertisement or a news article, always question it! Don’t be afraid to ask ‘why?’ You have a right to make your own decisions! Choose wisely!
10. Be kind to animals, insects and nature for they are all here to protect you and without them, there would be no YOU! Your actions, no matter how small will have an impact on every living creature on earth! Take care of us all be acting with kindness!
Let’s see if you can include these into the next two weeks worth of lessons!